My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Friday, July 31, 2009

Financial Peace……do you have it?!


Ok…so there is all this talk about a recession. Everyday in the news I hear about people loosing their jobs, having trouble keeping their homes, and defaulting on debt payments. A major concern I have in the midst of the “recession” is maintaining solid credit. How do you measure up? I think it is really important for people not only to be physically, spiritually, and mentally healthy but also financially!!

In these hard economic times and even when the economy is healthy it is very important to know your credit score and what things are showing up on your credit report. Knowing what is on your credit report also allows you to detect any identity thief or unnecessary accounts you have open and may have forgotten about! You can dispute discrepancies and cancel out accounts.

When you go to buy a house, open up a credit card, or to buy a car the first thing they do is pull your credit!
I came across the following secure site www.annualcreditreport.com which allows you to download one free credit report a year. It only takes a couple minutes and it’s free!

Below are some steps you can take to help ease the burden of the recession and put some extra money in your purse:
• Negotiate lower interest rates on your credit cards and other accounts
• Transfer all funds to a lower interest fixed card and cancel out the outrageous ones
• Sell unwanted/unneeded items on sites like www.craigslist.org
• Don’t be too proud to shop the sale rack at your favorite stores and use coupons!
• Budget: if you don’t already make a budget and stick to it. Any extra money stash in your rainy day fund, you never know when you will need it!

Make sure you are in the best place for you and your family! Be smart, be empowered!

xoxo
Ronita

No comments: