My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Can't Understand You!!...You are Not Speaking My Language

So while Scott and I were preparing for our (past) impending nuptials we were required to take a six week marriage class at our church. I was very excited about the class and thought I would love to learn anything I could to make our marriage the best it would be. Each week of the class had a different theme, keeping it very interesting for all the couples and it required us to do homework! One week was communication strategies (pot holder technique), another was historical family relationship examples and how that will play into your marriage, and yet another was sex and its importance to God in your marriage. My favorite I would have to say was our class on LOVE LANGUAGES!!!

We were given a book to take home, Gary Chapman’s Five Love Languages, and asked to browse and take the quiz to see what our love languages were. I recommend getting and reading this book if you are in any kind of relationship! The way your partner feels love channels through one of these five languages.

The 5 Love Languages:
Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

Ronita:
My two love languages are Physical Touch (go figure) and Words of Affirmation.

Scott:
Scott’s two love languages are Quality Time and Acts of Service.

Knowing our love language has completely allowed us to communicate our love for each other in the appropriate way. I know that it is important for me to make time for just the two of us, maybe just watching (and that’s BIG with two little ones;) Scott understands that little caresses and him telling me I’m GREAT!!! …lol is enough to send me…well…I’ll kept that to myself…but figuring your significant other’s love language(s) is totally beneficial for the health of your relationship. If you buy gifts and expect they love it and jump for joy and all they can say is oh…thanks then you are not speaking their language!!! If not for anyone else, know what you like and how you like to receive love!!


Visit the link below for more info and a quick quiz:
http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/30sec.html


Be Love,
Ronita

No comments: