My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Friday, February 4, 2011

Blueberry Turnovers..."easy like Sunday morning"

After hitting up the best grocery store sale ever (they are closing and remodeling for 5 months-as much produce you could fit in a bag for $1.50) I came away with tons of fresh fruit. I have tons of blueberries and I wanted to make a special dessert. I hopped on allrecipes.com and viola...

They are so good and easy to make. 4 ingredients....3 steps!!!

Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup prepared vanilla frosting (optional)

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll out crescent dough triangles onto a baking sheet.
2.Place 1 tablespoon blueberries on the widest end of each triangle. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar over blueberries on each roll. Beginning with the wide end, roll up each crescent around blueberries; pinch both sides to seal completely.
3.Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 12 minutes. Remove to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes; dust with the remaining confectioners' sugar. Drizzle with the vanilla frosting.

*I made my own frosting with a little powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk.

Enjoy!!
xoxo,
Ronita


3 comments:

Chay Chay said...

OOOOOH...I HAVE to try this, OMG!

Barbie said...

Mmmmm this recipe will jack me up! So you just tell me how tasty they are! Yummy!

Glam in Cincy said...

Yes they are delicious and I am thinking you can fill these bad boys with any kind of friut! Muy Delicioso...