My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Monday, August 31, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things for FALL 09















So my favorite time of year is near!! And I just have to share what I will be indulging in this Fall. I love the smell of warm apple cider brewing and sweet potato pie baking, the sight of leaves changing from green to very warm yellows, reds, and oranges, and the sound of the wind blowing as cheerleaders yell out D.E.F.E.N.S.E!!! Not to mention all the various family celebrations! (My mom’s birthday, my birthday, my husbands and our uncle’s, Tre’s, and my father in laws and least we forget THANKSGIVING!)



Here are my top 10 most spectacular things I will be enjoying during these cooler months:



1. Boots- grey boots, black boots, brown boots, and purple boots. Knee high, mid calf, flat and heeled. I am so excited to pull out my boots and walk through the leaves.

2. Gray and Purple Hues (and my ultra fav Curry Gold)- I have been wearing my nails shorter and I love the look of gray, purple, and gold on them! I always try deeper colors during cooler months.


3. Carolina Herrera’s CH Perfume (thank you Barbie!!)- Recently in Cleveland for a bridal shower, my Sandz gifted me with this beautiful fragrance. A fruity floral fragrance of sparkling, fresh, sweet & alluring notes of bergamot, orange, melon, rose, jasmine blended with praline, cinnamon over woods. I am in love and I have received so many compliments!


4. Herbal Tea and Warm Beverages- I love brewing cups of tea and snuggling up on the couch! Some of my favs have spicier notes and even creamy cocoa touches!


5. LUSH Cocoa Butter/Shea Butter Massage Bars- With cooler air comes drier skin. Every time the air changes so does my skin. During the fall I love to use LUSH’s massage bars. Don’t let the name fool you, used daily as a moisturizer I notice softer smoother skin!


6. Stefanie’s Red Velvet Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory- WOW! My two favorite desserts in one! This past weekend I have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with two of my BFFs. Of course I had to get a piece to take home! This was so decadent with Red Velvet cake, Cream Cheese icing, and cheesecake layered…yummy. My new fav fall treat!


7. Public Libraries of Cincinnati- this will be my place entertainment! I love to rent movies, books, magazines, and CDs. They also have toddler story time for when the little one’s get restless! I love the library and all it has to offer…for FREE!


8. Homecoming Football Games- Walnut Hills High School and Cincinnati Country Day School. Scott and I both said that we want to take the boys to both of our high school’s homecoming! I think Tre’ is old enough to enjoy to festivities and experience a good ole’ fashion football game. It will also give both of us a chance to network and rekindle some of our old high school memories!


9. Findlay Market- farmer’s markets, pumpkin patches, apple orchards YES!! Pumpkin picking season is upon us!! All those truly fabulous fall favorites. I look forward to bringing the boys to the pumpkin patch to pick out their pumpkins, pet the animals, and ride the hayride. I love snatching up some hand pressed apple cider and caramel apples!! OH… I just love fall fruits and vegetables!


10. Crossroads Community Church- My church! Thank God for letting me meet another FALL. My church is such a blessing and has a ton to offer. I look forward to joining a small community group to engage and grow with other young adults and volunteering in our First Impressions Ministry!



No matter what it is you enjoy doing in the Fall, make sure you take time to relax and smell the mums!! Spend quality time with your family and friends during this joyous time of harvest!!

Happy Fall!!!


September 22, 2009

xoxo
Ronita

No comments: