My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tutus and Capes…Christmas in May?

For William (Tre')
For Roman

The Super Dean Boys

As a little girl I can always remember loving to play dress up in my tutus, leotards, feather boas, makeup, and heels. I always wondered what little boys loved to dress up as and then it hit me, “SUPER HEROS.”

Back in June, I took Roman to get his first year pictures taken at The Spotted Goose in Oakley. They had a really awesome photographer come in (Kiwi Street Studios) their shop to do mini sessions at a fraction of her normal cost. While waiting our turn from across the beautifully arranged room I spotted 3 capes hanging up on hangers (samples). Immediately I had visions of my two little boys running around the house with their capes around their shoulders playing superhero. What little boy doesn’t to take his bed sheets off to make a cape and save the world?

Needless to say before I left the store I placed my order for these personalized handmade treasures.

Bianca always tells me that I plan way in advance…and yes that’s true. I like to be prepared and have a plan. I have put these up in my hope chest and will wrap them up for Christmas gifts this year!! So The Dean Boys have their Christmas in May…and a lifelong memory. Once they have outgrown their capes, I will put them away for safe keeping. I will bring them out when the time is right and remind them when they saved the world!!
xoxo
Ronita
Everything you can imagine is real.
-Pablo Picasso

No comments: