My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Thursday, July 26, 2012

{LUSH Cosmetics' Emotional Brilliance Color Line}

Yesterday, on my lunch break I took a fun trip to my local LUSH. I have been hearing a ton about the new Emotional Brilliance Color line and being a LUSH-lover I had to check it out!
***
When I arrived I was greeted by a lovely associate who began to tell me about the line and how it's based off emotions.
The first step to choosing your color  is to do a guided color reading...
You relax, close your eyes, clear your mind, and when you open, select 3 colors that you are drawn to...
The colors you choose and the order you choose them have significance.

Here is my experience.

I selected ...
1. Fantasy (gold eyeliner)
2. Feeling Secure  (bluish eyeliner)
3. Ambition (reddish orange lipstick)

According to LUSH co-founder and inventor of Emotional Brilliance Rowena Bird, the order in which you choose the colours reveals your current state of mind.
1. Your first colour choice symbolises your strength or weakness (Fantasy)
2. Your second resonates with your primary subconscious need (Feeling Secure)
3. Your third choice represents your talent, the thing that will help you to achieve that subconscious need (Ambition)
After the reading I played around with all the colors and was very impressed with how pigmented and smooth they were. LUSH has done a great job with these not to mention all the great ingredients they contain. I'm not sold on the color reading part but it's great marketing and adds a little allure to the product.


The only draw back which is a big one in my book is the PRICE...at $22.95 a bottle they are very expensive BUT would be a treat to own.

Also included in the line is a translucent powder, brightening cream and bronzing cream.

***
Here are some campaign photos I found via OliveCoCo Online Magazine....




Great job LUSH!!!

xoxo,
Ronita

1 comment:

(JIN) Love, Loss & Lacquer said...

That looks so cool - I gotta check that out!