My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Shade of Brown Sample Box


If you are a product junkie/makeup-beauty product enthusiasts like me, I’m sure you have.
It's all rage in fashion and beauty industry right now. They are beautifully packaged “customized” curated sample boxes chocked full of makeup and beauty samples. I looked into most of the companies and with great hesitation decided against them. I was worried that they wouldn’t get my skin tone right or pick the right colors that would compliment my hue. I remember saying to myself one day, it would be nice if they catered one more towards us brown sistahs.

Ask and ye shall receive, My Shade of Brown!
I received my (and their) first pillow box and I am in LOVE

Here is the mission statement from their website:
My Shade of Brown delivers premium sized beauty samples tailored to women of color. Every month our signature Pillow Box full of goodies will be delivered to your door. By partnering with companies that are sensitive to the beauty needs of women of color, you will often receive products from established brands, stellar up and comers and newly discovered gems! We created My Shade of Brown because, like you, we love beauty and we wanted something dedicated to women of color. Period.

The unveiling of my first box.

It was packaged with a nice note and directions on how to purchase full products if I enjoyed the samples.

Beautifully packaged in brown and pink.

I received four premium sized samples and one full sized product.

Georgia by G & Company skin wash.


Pooka's Pure & Simple Body Butter. I have tried this already and I LOVE it!!!

Lamik's Mineral Face Powder

FULL SIZE of Big Girl Cosmetics Lip shine

 *not pictured individually Yana foundation sample*

Here is a demo video taken from their website


If you want to learn more click here!!

Enjoy
xoxo,
Ronita

No comments: