My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Theresa Textile Trove

Over my lunch break today, I ventured out to Downtown Cincinnati! I came across the most unique and slightly eccentric (perfect for me) place I have ever seen, St. Theresa Treasure Trove.

It is located in the Pendleton Art Building on Pendleton Street in Downtown Cincinnati. Let me just tell you it is like walking through bead and textile heaven! The walls were lined with rows and rows of fabric and there were so many unique beads I couldn’t hardly stay calm! The sweetest most knowledgeable gal was working while I was visiting and she made me feel right at home. Honey, was her name, beading was her game. She even offered me to stop back in for free beading and sewing demonstrations.

I was on the hunt for authentic African wax fabric (take make some Spring/Summer skirts- see my Spring fashion post) and that is exactly what I found. Stacks and stacks of beautiful vibrant colored fabrics so reasonably priced!!!

Here are some photos from my trip!











I love discovering new and exciting places in my own city!

ILOVECINCINNATI

xoxo,

Ronita

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I read this I felt the same way!! I've been looking for great fabric and beads for a while now. Thanks so much for veneturing out. We really do have great gems right here in our own City! Nice article. I'll be visiting there this weekend.

LaDonna