My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thoroughly Modern ...Fabulous!!!


While sipping on a little wine and flipping through the channels Friday night, I came across a movie (and play) I had heard of before but had never seen. Thoroughly Modern Millie filmed in 1967 tells the story of Millie Dillmount, a naive young woman who finds herself in the midst of a series of madcap adventures when she sets her sights on marrying her wealthy boss in the 1920s (wiki).

Not only do I LOVE this awesomely quirky movie but the costumes were fabulous!! 

Take a look..



I even love the fashion of the sweet Miss Dorothy Brown played by Mary Tyler Moore, who seeks a life on the stage as an actress. She likes to wear light pastels and soft materials like chiffon and lace ( you know I love the ever feminine chiffon and lace).



Even the men looked stunning with their tailored suits and stunning pipes!!


 I would love to see some details of the the 1920s flapper fashion return!!
xoxo
Ronita

PS
Watch the youtube clip...it's very interesting to see Millie's fashion transformation from the opening of the film.



(pictures google search)

1 comment:

Barbie said...

I LOVED Sheryl Lee Ralph as Dorthy Brown on the Broadway Repraisal!!