My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Soup in the Summer?.......


Scott and I were talking one day and happened to mention how much he loves French Onion Soup. I can remember us sharing a bowl in St. Lucia at the English Pub they had on the resort. So while browsing Crate and Barrel the other day I came across these bowls. They are so cute and it immediately inspired me to want try my hand at the soup. Now I know you are probably saying how hard can this be...but for me I see it as an opportunity to try a new recipe from scratch. When I mentioned this to the salesperson she had her recipe already. She pulled off some register tape and began writing it down. (I'm thinking, I can't wait until the day I have recipes memorized)


(I know this is more of a fall recipe but what the heck....)


Karen's Recipe:

Simmer
2 cans beef broth
2 tbsp wortchershire(sp?) sauce
2 tbsp red wine
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt


Saute

1 stick butter
3 to 4 lg vidalia onions (they are sweeter); saute onions in butter until clear but not caramelized, add to broth

Spoon broth into bowls. Top with sourdough and smoked provolone (or Swiss). Place bowl under broiler until cheese is bubbling. ENJOY!

Simple enough. I will update later on how it turned out!

xoxo
Ronita


Share your favorite soup recipe to bring in fall!!!!





No comments: