My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Our Neighborhood Community Garden

This year we decided not to do our CSA box like we normally to in the spring. Instead we decided to invest our money and time into our neighborhood community garden. I really love the thought of being able to join as a community to plant and grow our own organic food which we will split evenly at harvest time.  This was our garden's first year so there was a lot of setting up the space and beds.

We are growing all heirloom lettuce, kale, collards, bush beans, turtle beans, carrots, beets, sweet potatoes and yellow, various varieties of tomatoes, cucumber, herbs and peppers.

I'm looking forward to harvest time and sharing in the joy of
 all our hard work!!

Here is a peek into the garden.




xoxo,
Ronita

No comments: