My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

{Hidden Treasures Cincinnati: The Glass Barn}

Calling all brides, dinner hostess, party planners and hoarders alike..this is a place you don't want to miss.

Last week I had the afternoon off and went to a couple places in Reading, Ohio. One of the places I visited I consider a hidden gem and reminds me of my fun and frugal childhood with my lovely mother. We would wake up on Saturdays, get all our housework done and hit the road for a day of shopping.  The Glass Barn is one of the places I will never forget.

 It's like a glass warehouse with super discounted glassware, stoneware, dishware, planters and other knick knacks. If you visit, don't forget to take your allergy pill- there is a ton of dust...


I came across these very fun kitschy strawberry juice glasses.

...and these fun and nostalgic milk glasses which were only $.99 each.

I bought four of the milk glasses and four of these beauties.

perfect for a cold beer, lemonade, iced tea, water, or for my CSA flowers...

(via)

There are 3 buildings that make up this treasure trove, the glass building, annex- which houses tons of knick knacks, I like getting my tissue paper (which I made the below 4th of July tissue paper flowers out of) and gift bags from here and then a hardware store that's fully stocked.

Does your city have hidden gems?

xoxo,
Ronita

No comments: