My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Friday, May 4, 2012

growing our own food

collards April 20th

collards May 3rd

Our community garden box is doing really well. We have had a combination of great sun and great rain.
Our collards have made great progress in just a few short weeks. We have spinach growing in the middle and broccoli further up. Our flowers and succulents are spreading pretty well and we see little sprouts with the onions, peas and carrots.
We will see about the strawberries- I hope to get at least a few!

It's amazing how much fun it is to plant a seed in the ground and watch it grow! talk about farm to table.
We are looking forward to making delicious spinach salads this summer.

Scott and I were talking last night about how efficient it would be if we could collect seeds and send them to places that lacked food. People could come together to try to grow food to sustain their family and their communities.

What a thought...

xoxo,
Ronita

No comments: