My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Homemade Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce





With all the fresh herbs and ripe tomatoes I have from my garden I decided to find a delicious homemade pasta sauce recipe. I found this one here and tweaked it a bit. The results were amazing!!!

Ingredients1 tablespoon butter
8 small tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1 clove garlic, grated

Directions

1.Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the tomatoes in the melted butter until they begin to fall apart, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the basil, olive oil, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Slowly stir the flour into the mixture and cook until it begins to thicken, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir the water through the mixture to break up any lumps of the flour. Mix the garlic into the sauce and simmer another 5 minutes. Serve hot.

Cook's notes: I added just a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to kick it up a notch and while the tomatoes were simmering with the butter I added onion powder, oregano and sage from my garden and some dried thyme.

Enjoy!
xoxo,
Ronita

No comments: