My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Strawberry Mini Muffins



Ingredients
1 cup strawberries slightly under-ripe diced into quarter-inch pieces
1 squeeze of lemon juice
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking power
1/4 vegetable oil
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 tsp. powdered sugar

adapted from Nigella Lawson

Directions
Preheat over to 400F. Line a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with paper baking cups. Put diced strawberries into a bowl spritz lemon juice on them and stir gently to combine.

In a medium-size bowl, stir together flour, sugar and baking powder. In a small bowl, beat together oil, sour cream, vanilla and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine with a wooden spoon. Fold in strawberries.

Divide batter evenly among the paper cups in the mini-muffin tin. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.

Place tin on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Take out the muffins and continue cooling them in the paper cups on the wire rack. When muffins re completely cool, place the powered sugar in a small sieve . Shake sieve lightly to dust the muffin with sugar. (I did a large amount of powdered sugar clearly :) )Serve.

They turned out delicious!!! I couldn't keep my hands out of them...the boys even loved them.
ENJOY
xoxo,
Ronita

No comments: