My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Follow by Email

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Friday, October 15, 2010

For Colored Girls...Looks good



"Ordinary, brown braided woman, big legs and full lips. You become yourself."
-For Colored Girls

I can't wait until Nov 5th. This looks like a perfect night out with the girls, great cast!!!
xoxo,
Ronita

4 comments:

Barbie said...

Le Sigh. I just wish it was different. There are so many things I would have done differently. Like who am I right? But after performing it, and being in ShaLayla's rendition...you just have to wonder if they really understood the choreopoem. I know Ntozake gave her blessing....(but for how much?) Is that rude? LOL......I'm glad they didn't show too much in the trailor except their obvious misunderstanding of the word "metaphysical". I LOVE most of the cast ( I can't get down with Janet at all). Yet, like every other TP (produced or directed) movie, I'm not going to see it. I'm just going to nestle up with a cup of tea and read the choreopoem again.

BUT!

Tell me how it is!

GIC said...

I hear you Sandz...but not having seen any rendition this will be a great comparison for me!! Enjoy your tea!!!

Barbie said...

Knowing you, it's gonna be a fun filled night! I think if I went with you, I'd probably kill my TP boycott, lol.

GIC said...

Yes girl I plan on doing drinks and discourse after the movies!! Aww Sandz I miss you and my future baby niece!!