My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Friday, November 20, 2009

Bye Bye Dear O
















(images from Google search)

After 25 exciting years....as long as I have been walking (literally). It is time to say goodbye to the OPRAH show (sad face). Her last show will be September 9, 2011. CNN reports, "The show has been the highest-rated talk show for 23 consecutive seasons, according to the Oprah.com site. It is seen by an estimated 42 million viewers a week in the United States and is broadcast to 145 countries.The show had its origins in 1984, when Winfrey moved to Chicago to host WLS-TV's morning talk show, "AM Chicago," which became the No. 1 local talk show. The show surpassed ratings for "Donahue" one month after it began, the site said. Within a year, it had expanded to an hour-long format and been renamed "The Oprah Winfrey Show." It entered national syndication in 1986." I, for one will be sad to see her go.
but wait...

There is talk that she will now have her own NETWORK the O.W.N. (The Oprah Winfrey Network) coming to cable next year. I can't wait to see the line up, I'm sure it will be awesome!

Until then...
xoxo
Ronita
Question: How did products sell before OPRAH?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Answer: They didn't. LOL

Barbie