My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome Fall.....Yummy Recipe!



I have always been a sweet potato pie girl and never really thought about pumpkin desserts. A couple years ago we had a pumpkin pie/dessert bake off at work and this yummy cake was entered. I have been in love ever since and it always shows up for Thanksgiving dinner. I even made them for Tre's 1st Birthday party in '06!! It has the perfect balance of buttery cake and moist "pie" filling. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!!




Pumpkin Dump Cake

INGREDIENTS

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can nonfat evaporated milk
4 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix (I use butter cake mix)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans


DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, salt, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Stir in the milk, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour pumpkin mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the pumpkin mixture, then sprinkle on the pecans. Drizzle melted butter over all. Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool. Add a dip of vanilla ice cream...it is sooo good, trust me!


Welcome Fall!

xoxo

Ronita


No comments: