My photo
I LOVE cooking from recipes, and making up meals, I LOVE spending time with my boys (all three) and entertaining my family and friends, I LOVE bargain shopping (vintage stores included), I LOVE flipping through fashion and design mags, I LOVE the smell of libraries and how often I could get lost there, I LOVE scanning realty websites, I LOVE Trader Joes and LUSH, I LOVE fresh flowers and all four seasons, I LOVE Cincinnati and am always ready to travel, I LOVE stationary and stamps, I LOVE diamonds and pearls, tulle and lace, I LOVE smelling coffee and drinking tea, I love marshmallows and chocolate, I LOVE cozy sheets and morning sunshine, I LOVE me and I love GOD!

Archives

Daily Reads


Master Tre'

Master Roman

Thursday, July 19, 2012

{fresh food fetish}

I love FOOD and I love cooking. 

The summer makes it so easy to access and use fresh fruits and veggies in my daily recipes.

Here are some of our fresh food snapshots.

Our first CSA box of the summer season. Summer squash, green bell peppers, corn, cabbage (red and green), tomatoes, potatoes, onion.

A bowl of lemons and limes to make fresh squeezed lemon/limeade and some lemon/lime dessert bars (recipe to come).

Purple potatoes which I chopped and combined in a casserole dish with olive oil, fresh thyme, basil, sage, oregano, parsley, 2 cloves of minced garlic a pinch of salt and pepper. I baked on 350 degrees for about 25 minutes and they were so good. Even the boys enjoyed them!

What fresh produce to do enjoy during the summer? Are you looking forward to anything in the fall?

I am starting my fall seeds now and hope to plant  next week. 

xoxo,
Ronita

No comments: